The Ecuadorian Amazon, alongside with its unique and diverse wildlife, fulfills us with once-in-a lifetime experiences. Its beautiful landscapes invites us to get to know the magical region located northeast of the country. Visit us, and dare yourself to experiment the magnificent wonders of our Amazon.
I want to offer this:
- Ride in a canoe and spot a great diversity of birds
- Discover and observe incredible pink dolphins and enjoy the impressive sundown
- Nocturnal activity focused on looking for caimans in the banks of the river
- Hike through the primary forest to lookout for insects and noises the nightly life has to offer
- To start the day, reception will be in Lago Agrio (09:30 a.m. for passengers that arrive via bus and at max. 11:00 a.m. for passengers that arrive via aircraft), from where we will take private transportation, transfer to the entrance of Cuyabeno and then enjoy a boxed lunch. After arriving, you will register at the office of the reserve. Here, the naturalist guide will give you information about the Reserve, important recommendations and advice to begin the two-hour navigation on the Jamu Lodge’s Cuyabeno river. During the canoe-ride,0 you will have a first glance of the jungle and be able to observe many different types of birds, such as: caciques, orioles, and the prehistoric hoatzin. It’s probable you’ll see a variety of monkeys and other jungle animals, depending on time and weather conditions.
- We’ll arrive at Jamu Lodge at around 4:30 p.m. Upon arrival you will be shown to your room and then have leisure time. After a short siesta, we’ll leave the lodge to swim and see a beautiful sunset in Laguna Grande. Later, we will return to the campsite for dinner. You can end your first day in the Amazon relaxing on a hammock or enjoying a drink in the bar.
- After breakfast, you will go on a one-hour ride down the river in a canoe to visit a family in the Tarapuy community. You could learn how to prepare Casabe, a traditional bread made out of yucca and also help make it! You will also be taught how they use the jungle’s materials to make the bread.
- You will be back at the lodge at aprox. 2 p.m. After lunch, you will have relaxing activities: a short walk in the primary forest, focused on observing nocturnal insects, such as: spiders, geckos or scorpions and listening to the sounds the nightly life has to offer.
- Early in the morning, before breakfast, a bird-watching excursion is optional. Back at the lodge, you will have breakfast and continue to check out from the lodge by 09:30 a.m. You will then transfer to Lago Agrio to take the bus or flight back.